• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is it you like about muscle cars?

What is your favorite thing about muscle cars.

• The way they look. Beauty.

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Doing burnouts.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 0-60 Including the G's you pull.

• Top speed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1/4 mile times.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Handling (Just kidding)

• 50ish years old.

Votes: 5 8.5%

• Total voters

SteveSS

Local time
2:10 PM
Reaction score
I can think of a number of cars that do things as well or better than the cars we love. What's you're favorite aspect? Saying all of the above is too easy.

Uhhh...

1. The way they look. Beauty.
    1 vote(s)
    50.0%

2. Doing burnouts.
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

3. 0-60 Including the G's you pull.
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

4. Top speed.
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%

5. 1/4 mile times.
    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. *
    Handling (Just kidding)
    1 vote(s)
    50.0%

7. 50ish years old.

What is wrong with their handling? Have you upgraded your car to handle well? If not, you may be happy to learn that these cars can be made to outhandle almost any new car.
Mine is stock appearing from the exterior aside from the wheels and tires. Underneath is a different story.
Reinforced K member with fully welded seams and gussets to steering box mounts. Reinforced lower control arms. Welded subframe connectors and torque boxes. 1.25 front sway bar. 1.15" torsion bars. Firm Feel Stage 3 steering box with Fast Ratio arms. 6 stage leaf springs, 3/4" rear sway bar Bilstein shocks.
My car handles quite well, thank you.
Why do I like the cars? Its a mix of styling and performance. I love the smell and the sounds of these cars too.

The connection to a simpler time, styling ahead of safety lol, no EPA envolvment, mechanical simplicity, ease of maintenance.

Its was a different time....that they were built to kick ***, have style, no plastic 5mph bumpers, play rock n roll loud, scream 'Murica, Pittsburgh steel, Detroit muscle and flip off the establishment...the world wasn't building freaking Prius's, worried about the ozone , which bathroom to use or any of the mamby pamby crap like today...

The smile platered on my face EVERY time I drive it.:thumbsup:
And its fantastic looks.
:thumbsup:
And the way it sounds.
:thumbsup:
And the look on the eco-freak's face when I park next to their hybrid and ask them how they like my GREEN car!
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The feel of actually driving a car ( I'm physically beat after long trips ! )
The smell
The sound
The thumbs up and smiles from other people on the road
Just driving something totally different from anything else on the road !

Panache.
American.
Beautiful Brutes.
The fact that they were actually built in that short window of time where talented designers could still function. Before the destruction aka 1974.
I enjoy being in charge of the throttle. Before the nanny state took over to protect us from ourselves.
Other than the thrill of discharging the 44 Magum with one hand, nothing beats the shock and awe of WOT.

Last edited:
Smiles per gallon!

You know here lately I've been getting bad I have been contemplating selling out again and buying a new challenger . It basically does everything but it's tame . That's one thing that bugs me I drove a new hell cat 707 HP 6 speed it was great but it just didn't feel like "beast mode" I got in my 440 4 speed charger and had alot more fun! But I used to enjoy the build more then the driving them! But lately I've been driving and not building! And I'm getting board ! I need to get back at it or I may lose interest all together! I have been wanting another pre 50's car too and today I almost traded my charger project for a decent driver but after awhile I decided against it as I still wouldn't be happy (no restoration) and I won't be getting sideways smoking burn out s!
I need a intervention! Or some help to do something I still have 4 month's before I'm aloud to start doing small repairs and probably 6 before motors and heavier stuff !

I really enjoy putting them back to what they were.

Touching these cars, whether driving them or restoring them is like dating a girl you know is not wife material. You realize there are cars (girls) more sensible and more practical, but what is the fun in that?

Dibbons gets it. We are in good company here.

It’s hard to put into words, but I can’t look at them and not be amazed and excited at the same time.

I like to drive something that I need to wear a diaper for when I kick it down. Besides that - As someone else said it’s the smiles per gallon I get - only from other people when they see you driving a prehistoric beast from the golden era of American muscle.

Love them all. I find it nearly impossible to pick a favorite. Fast,loud and sexy looking beasts!!

+1 for Dennis, but I’ll add the enjoyment of all the stories & remembrance in people’s eyes when those stories start.

The have soul,history and a story to tell and reminisce about , a time the was and never will be again

Auto Transport Service
Back