• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Z turn repair help!!!!!

Bb70charger500

Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
My God I'm fixing to light this thing on fire!
I have a toro time cutter 3225. It's a 2016 model with 517 hours on it . I took it as some payment towards late rent .
So I got the mower knew it was not taken the best care of but figured something was better then nothing as I don't expect to see the rent money as next month is there last and as of the other day owe me $2600
So I took mower and the trailer for $1000 off the rent owed .

So on to my now headache!
I unloaded it to see what all it needed . Drove it around cut a bit of grass no issues besides needing front wheel bearings. And a head gasket.
So on way back into garage with it it just stopped! No sputter no nothing!
I tried starting it nothing!
I looked and was checking wires figured something got loose!
It started. Made it 2 feet and died again!
I'm not a elc guy so I'm looking
Key switch and pto switch were corroded badly so at $8 and $10 I just ordered new !
Didn't fix
I looked deeper the starter relay is brand new now too I jumped it it will turn over but not with key but still no start so no spark ether so I'm assuming there's a safety something causing issues!
The seat switch gas been by passed before I got it so that's not it !
There's a something on the starter that might be issue and the parking brake deal has everything going threw it and might be issue! I just got no idea!
I can't find a decent wire diagram! Or what some of these things do !
I by passed my bar safety switches those arn't the issue!
All repair shops around here can't see it till January and arn't very good with elc issues them selves !
Anyone have issues like this or have any input
The brake thing is $80 I saw a video to by pass it witch I tried but it still doesnt start so I'm assuming the issue is before this!
Maybe the thing attached to starter? I'll attach pictures of this thing .
Looks like two wires are going to alt one to starter relay other to a fuel relay I need this thing fixed to sell asap and pay my bills as the rent money was supposed to be paying my bills !

Please help

KIMG1446.JPG
KIMG1447.JPG
KIMG1448.JPG
KIMG1449.JPG
KIMG1450.JPG
KIMG1452.JPG

Check with the guys at GARDEN TRACTOR TALK forum , if they don't have an answer , They also have wiring diagrams. Toro is tight lipped about that.
Myself I would put it in the back of my truck and toss it in the ditch about 5 miles away and call the insurance company in the morning and turn in a claim on my homeowners policy. Toros are good machines but become money pits when they break down, Don't forget to jimmy the garage door lock.

Maybe a bad ground wire?

I had one of those, it was the New Holland version, but quite identical, albeit blue. I hated it, but it ran great and had quite a strong motor on it. Anyway, i think you may find that a mouse has chewed or the machine has rubbed the insulation off and an ignition wire is grounding out, or as you said, something is corroded or loose. There really arent very many wires on it, so just clean the machine up and look closely at them all, especially where they can be pinched or are strapped near metal. Ill dig and see if i still have the book for mine, since i sold it a couple years ago.

Manual, and wiring schematic are available for it on Toro.com..... i just looked

Last edited:
Maybe a better place to place a thread like this would be on a lawnmower lover's website?

My guess would be mice. I have had to rewire mine twice. Do you hear the safety unhook when setting on it with the key on and pushing the steering handles out to the sides. Mine is a 5000 but I would think the safety stuff would be the same. I have beat the crap out of mine for 8 years mowing 5 acres and have had to repair lots of things even reweld the deck mounts. They are a good mower for the price.

Maybe a better place to place a thread like this would be on a lawnmower lover's website?

You would think but I need real (intelligent help) the guys on those mower sites are back yard hacks.
I watched some of there videos to repair stuff and I fear I lost brain cells !

I'm going to just pull harness and go over it and look at everything.
I found a broken ground already witch I fixed

It's probably a bad wire

If it's new enough, it may also have a reverse blade lockout that shuts down the electrical if placed in reverse with the blade engaged.

I am NOT a fan of those at all.

KIMG1556.JPG
KIMG1557.JPG
KIMG1558.JPG
KIMG1559.JPG

Ok a little closure on this finally!
I figured it out! So I traced wires trying to figure this thing out ! Bought a new key switch since old one was corroded very bad ....
I finally found a wire diagram for this model! It actually showed where power should be and not well I finally got to the end and said I must of missed something went back to key switch now with wire diagram in hand and what do you know the brand new key switch only powers half the switch instead of all of it! They sold me a pile of junk! So I by passed it and there she goes ! So I ordered yet another switch this time the most expensive they had ! And got to install today and she fired up and mowed great !
Thank God now she can be sold to recoup my rent I haven't been receiving!
Thanks everyone

Auto Transport Service
Back