• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got Any Old Daily Driver Pics?

My (twin) brother painting our daily driver in 1986..a 71 chevelle(first car). 2nd picture painting the chevelle a second time cuz we screwed up the first time.Lol...3rd driving to 8th grade. We were 14. Somewhere there are pictures of our 69 charger when we painted it curious yellow in 1988...but the photos are in a safe place...wish I could remember where. One year later with the chevelle after we finally put a grill in we hit a ice patch going 2 high school and a mile marker caved in the quarter to where it broke little window...Lucky though...crossed the centerline went through a slew and then launched the chevelle...we then had to fix it...but Still have the chevelle after all these years. View attachment 992864 View attachment 992865
I had a '71 Malibu my first 2 yrs of college - grandma's old car. She gave it to my parents when she bought a new Citation :BangHead: It was basically my car - I drove it and maintained it. It was nothing special - 307/TH350, bench seat, radio delete stripper, but it was fairly clean and low mileage. I really liked it and had dreams of making it an SS clone.

Car was totaled when a drunk driver in a Maverick crossed over and hit me head-on St. Patty's Day 1984. I was going about 45-50 mph before I slammed the brakes. No idea how fast he was moving as he had passed out. My GF (wife now) ended up in the hospital for 3 days with a concussion and partial amnesia. Lucky for me that the steering column was collapsible because I took it in the chest and pushed it far enough in that it came off the sliding dash mounts. We were all lucky because none of us were wearing seat belts. I was looking for another Chevelle, or possibly Camaro, when I stumbled on my Satellite. The only bow tie I've had for 32 yrs goes with my tux.

2020-05-12_112136.jpg

IMG_1596.JPG
IMG_1598.JPG
IMG_1599.JPG
IMG_1603.JPG
First and the last were mine but the Blue TA (an original pink one) and the orange Challenger were friends. The last pic shows my 73 Challenger, 70 GTX and 70 AAR. Sold all of them.

A friend of mine ordered this '71 Road Runner in September 1970.

1.91.JPG
BB 8.JPG
IMG_2762.JPG

Last edited:
Owned it for 45 years before i sold it.
Ordered it, new.
Had 300,000 + miles on it, when sold.
Think it saw 39-40 states in it's lifetime.

Hey, snakeyes

Out of curiosity what is your disagreement with my posting, description, picture, in my reply about old daily driver cars?
You don't know me from Adam, and the history of the ownership in my automobile.
All that is true, and factual.
I factory ordered in back in May of 1971, and owned it for 45 years before i sold it off.
Drove it everywhere.
They were cars to be used and abused, back in the day.
Saw every state up and down the East coast of America, made the big cross country trip from CT to CA in my Air Force years, and lots of states zigging and zagging cross country.
Raced it for years at Sacramento Raceway, and put 440's in it.
So then, what's your X disagreement??
hemi71x

Ok, snakeyes removed the red X.
Told me it was his error.
All is well.

Jim 1971.jpg 10347.JPG

Last edited:
The only picture i could find from 1984. Parked on the lawn to wash.
roadrunner.jpg

When i owned my Hemi GTX, in the 70's, 80's, and 90's, i was well known for driving everywhere on pretty much a daily basis.

(Old) picture of me as a much younger guy. lol :rolleyes:

10309 (Small).JPG

Back when, they were all daily drivers. I bought this for my wife, then just my girlfriend in 1989. She was driving an old AMC Hornet that was in rough shape, so I bought this and gave it to her. Maybe that’s why she married me?

6758956F-512D-4B79-898A-FF94067ADDE0.jpeg F73D3184-1AA9-4046-B169-040AACA79F5F.jpeg

Owned it for 45 years before i sold it.
Ordered it, new.
Had 300,000 + miles on it, when sold.
Think it saw 39-40 states in it's lifetime.

Hey, snakeyes

Out of curiosity what is your disagreement with my posting, description, picture, in my reply about old daily driver cars?
You don't know me from Adam, and the history of the ownership in my automobile.
All that is true, and factual.
I factory ordered in back in May of 1971, and owned it for 45 years before i sold it off.
Drove it everywhere.
They were cars to be used and abused, back in the day.
Saw every state up and down the East coast of America, made the big cross country trip from CT to CA in my Air Fo:thumbsup:rce years, and lots of states zigging and zagging cross country.
Raced it for years at Sacramento Raceway, and put 440's in it.
So then, what's your X disagreement??p
hemi71x

View attachment 993677
Fat finger post ,lighten up ,it was removed :thumbsup:

Last edited:
w100.jpg

Still going strong at 46 years, drive it every week. 360 CID, 4bbl, 4 spd, 4x4...all 12 miles to the gallon...

Auto Transport Service
Back