• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just leaked: United Airlines training video

Every person on that flight had a story already made up in their mind about why they should be allowed to fly. Those who are tasked with removing 4 people, since no one volunteered, are just doing their jobs. They are not equipped to verify the voracity of each persons claim to stay. Everyone knew 4 people had to go. Histrionics were unnecessary.

I guess I'm one them so called PRICKS

That Kern Dog in his so "eloquent tactful way"
of getting his opinions across...

I'm sure glad, everyone isn't of that same mind...

I think the guy brought on far more anguish on himself,
than he needed, the rules are rules, you really should know them,
whether you like them or not...
Or is it laziness to learn ? {like some here say, "spelling" is for some}

Throwing a damn hissy fit like some spoiled child,
that doesn't get their way, the guy being a Dr. or not, a paid customer,
neither of which makes no difference, it doesn't make it any better or worse...

He should have walked out on his own accord, with some dignity,
"not be drug out like a petulant child, that doesn't get his way",
so he chose to throw a damn hissy fit, disrupting the whole plane...

He could actually be charged & tried for that alone, there are laws & rules...
IMO he's damn lucky the airlines doesn't do it too...

Than maybe afterwords, after he was off the plane,
then he could have took it up with UA Management &
maybe even called a Lawyer...
IMO that's what he's going to do now, he'll just sue, try to get rich,
off his stupidity, stubbornness, it'll all be about $$$ now, not the seat
or any inconvenience or the way they handled him...

It's a 2 way street the UA pass. could have avoided some if not,
most all of that situation, if he chose to, he chose to be a jerk...
Just like the LEO's/Airport Sec. he was drug off the plane by...

IMO an "Idiot" really;
He'd have got another flight & probably receive a free voucher too boot...
Has anyone been on standby before ?
It's a PITA, but a necessity at times too,
if you want cheap flights ?,
don't want to pay exorbitant prices for airline tickets ?
if you want it cheap, than they overbook !!
All to cover the people that cancel, fuel, food beverages etc.
& even employee costs, because of the amount of people/passengers
it's all encompassed in the reason they were overbooked...

Logic would dictate, that it's part of getting inexpensive Airfare...
Some people just don't get it either & never will...

It could have been handled a bit better too...
BUT;
The LEO's/Airport Security are just doing their jobs...
Could you imagine what it would be like with out them ?

Why did the Airlines even apologize ?
for a rule they knew was right, proper & justified ?
IMO they shouldn't have...
Makes no sense, if that's your rule & want to enforce it,
then stand by 100% !!

I'm sure United Airlines is afraid of the intense scrutiny &
"Pressure from the poor me, pity me, the victim class, in the Liberal media"...
IMO UA is afraid of any ramifications, especially from the liberal left,
all the needless, kneejerk reactions & rioting, looting, property damage,
negative press, anarchism, law suits or crimes, that comes out of these types
of situations etc. etc. etc.
Easier to just apologize & just role over, even if they were 100% right...

carry on

Last edited:
Who the hell walks around KNOWING this information? Where was it posted? I suppose using your logic, you know all of the ins-and-outs of your home mortgage, your rental car agreement, the warranty on your toaster and the side effects of every pill that you have ever taken?
This info is readily available online at USDOT or FAA. Most people who fly a lot already know that they can be bumped and what the rules are. I don't have a mortgage or a rental car but I know my toaster is out of warranty and also the page and a half of side effects of the prescription I'm taking. http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/04/11/bumped-from-flight-know-your-rights-before-fly.htmltaking.

Last edited:
Okay....In your own words, "Most people who fly a lot."
I do not. I'd hazard a guess that MOST people in this country do NOT fly on a regular basis either.

Just as a casual observer here, to me both sides are wrong. UA trying to make the almighty buck all the time. Other airlines do this too with the scheduling of aircrews, doing more with less and then you get stuff like this happening when they get caught shorthanded.
The guy, like others have mentioned, shouldve taken the high road and exited the plane and discussed the situation like an ADULT, not act like a 2 yr old. It puts everyone in a bad spot, from the guy getting a fat lip (however that happened), to the officers having to physically remove the guy, they couldve gotten hurt, not to mention another passenger getting hurt by this clowns actions.
I noticed a video of him that was taken after the incident, he looked like he was high on something, very incoherent acting. My wife said he had his medical license taken away for taking prescription drugs and trading them for sex etc. ?? He now has his license back, now if that isnt a bad seed in the medical profession, I dont know what is. So could he have been high when the ordeal went down, who knows, but it makes me wonder. Just a sad situation all the way around

17903693_1426801710715878_2274860673689826140_n.jpg

This now means that the red eye is now going to be called black & blue.

Also, you have to admit that the passenger's screaming would make an excellent ring tone.

Last edited:
I'm afraid this is a case of people speaking about something they know nothing about.
And others are milking a sorry situation for yucks and ratings.
There are 3 other people who did the adult thing and got off the plane with no drama.
They will never be on the talk shows. We will never know their names.
There was a plane somewhere that needed a flight crew.
There were perhaps hundreds of people that would not have had flights if that crew did not show up.
Flight crews have rules about flight hours and their schedules have to be adjusted for numerous reasons.
The radio said this person was offered 1000 dollars and free tickets to get off the plane. (unverified but probably true).
He probably paid 99 cents (exaggeration) for his ticket with the stipulation he could be denied boarding just like everyone else on the plane. (an educated guess)
An airplane is a sensitive environment.
You are in a pressurized aluminum tube at 40 thousand feet going 600 miles per hour.
You do what the flight crew says. If not, you get removed.
One thing is undeniable.
Based on his behavior this man was threat and I do not want him on any plane that I'm on.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Man-removed-from-United-flight-has-criminal-record-419150154.html

Last edited:
This now means that the red eye is now going to be called black & blue.

Also, you have to admit that the passenger's screaming would make an excellent ring tone.

Or an alarm clock tone.
But yours might be funnier.

I don't think he can fly a plane.
But I don't think I want Harrison Ford flying my plane either.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/22/video-shows-harrison-ford-wrongly-flying-airliner/
Kimmel's got a good one. Forward to 4:10 to see the commercial:

Kimmel does not seem to understand that the airline industry isn't "like other ones".
There is a difference between planes and stadiums.
One breaks down and requires different flight crews. The other does not.
I wonder if Mr. Kimmel is aware that stadiums don't have a record of crashing and killing people.
So his analogy sort of breaks down, I think.

The last thing anyone wants to do is start trouble on a plane. Nobody is going to ever man handle me, if they do i will break there nose, so as much as id be pissed off, i would have gotten off that plane. This guy acted like a jerk. Being draged on the floor, screaming like a little bitch. Walk off the plane like a adult/man then handle the situation. HOWVER, the airlines in general SUCK. All there good for is shoving more seats in planes , nickel and dime you with fees. How is it that you can go on line buy tickets for some kind of show/sporting event were there are thousands and thousands of people and have no problem getting your seat on the day of the event but airline flights are overbooked all the time. The issue about air line employees having to get back, im not buying.

I see in the news this morning that the guy has hired a" high powered attorney" as the MSM called him.

One thing no one has mentioned (or seems to be aware of) is that UAL did not do the physical removal of this guy. It was airport security personal. Blame them for the "man handling".

As for overbooking, airlines have to do it because passengers double and triple book as a backup all the time. The solution would be your tickets are nonrefundable. You book 3 seats on 3 different airlines, you pay for three seats on 3 different airlines, whether or not you use them.

P.S.
Ignorance of rules & laws are never an excuse. Whether or not you read them or are aware of them is irrelevant. They still apply.

Last edited:
One thing no one has mentioned (or seems to be aware of) is that UAL did not do the physical removal of this guy. It was airport security personal. Blame them for the "man handling".

As for overbooking, airlines have to do it because passengers double and triple book as a backup all the time. The solution would be your tickets are nonrefundable. You book 3 seats on 3 different airlines, you pay for three seats on 3 different airlines, whether or not you use them.

P.S.
Ignorance of rules & laws are never an excuse. Whether or not you read them or are aware of them is irrelevant. They still apply.
----------- When you are boarding a plane and start **** the crew contacts the proper authorities so of course it was airport security or police. I think it wasn't mentioned because it was obvious. I have no love loss for airlines they suck and pay the crew ****,but thats besides the point. The idiot should have gotten off the plane without being carried off. Now he has a big shot lawyer. Obviously going to sue United for some phony bullshit claim. Its the victim syndrome all over and welcome to the new America. Dont bump into a stranger by accident in a crowd, if you dont get shot you'll be sued.

P.S.

That is a good observation. The interesting thing is why the news stories are naming the carrier and not mentioning the police. Based on recent history with police stories, I think we can imagine how that would spin.
I was just pointing this very thing out to some people last night.
The fact is that it was the police that removed the person and not the carrier. The carrier would have no authority to do that.
And since it is "obvious" that it was LEO that did it, the evidence would be that it was legal and proper to do so.
The removal was following the rules, despite the hysterics of the other ignorant passengers.
(In hindsight, perhaps the captain should have been alerted at some point in advance. He could have made an announcement to turn off all electronic devices while they were doing an "instrument check". The the LEO could then have boarded and handled the "unruly passenger".)

But more importantly, I had to first educate the people I was talking to on HOW the system of denied boarding and fares work.
Base on the constraints put on the system by "deregulation", the people I was talking to could not give any method by which they would structure the fare system differently.

The system is not "deregulated". It is simply regulated in a different fashion.
For a real eye opener, look up who is responsible for "deregulation" and who implemented it.
You will be surprised.
Way back Frank Borman told them that when it shook out there would be three major carriers.
I think we are finally seeing that.

This news just in.
Deregulation my Aunt Fanny. It's all controlled.
Clark Howard was just talking about this and something that I won't go into.
Wrong forum.
http://www.myajc.com/business/jetbl...on-hartsfield-jackson/cfhvLcqSERXUutxeFrCc1K/

Auto Transport Service
Back