• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What automotive trend are we in now?

If IIRC California has already set time frames for everything - or nearly everything to be E powered. Not far off.
If everything California does dictates our future, kill me now.... lol. The only thing I want from there is the weather!

I don't know if this is a trend or a fad, but it seems that this is big now...

My son just asked me about this. My answer, "seems a little harsh on the undercarriage doesn't it, and how often do you need tires"
hqdefault-jpg.jpg

If IIRC California has already set time frames for everything - or nearly everything to be E powered. Not far off.

I do believe they have a time frame but I'll believe it when I see it.

While I didn't vote for the high speed train (I knew it was going to be way more than what they had projected) I'll definitely be using it if it ever happens. I have family in the north and south and I've been doing that drive for 25 years. Again, I'll believe it when I see it...

This time is limited however because of electric cars coming and fuel prices will go up so this muscle car or that we are in now will not be long lived and we will all look back at these cars going man those are great cars because the ultimate will be cars with a little electric motors
More electric cars mean less demand for gasoline. More fuel supply, less demand. So how does that translate to higher gas prices ? Please explain economics to me.

More electric cars mean less demand for gasoline. More fuel supply, less demand. So how does that translate to higher gas prices ? Please explain economics to me.
Its not as simple as supply and demand. Oil and fuel is highly controlled. The Saudis have this giant lever with a gold dollar symbol on it. Its their way of printing gold. It controls supply production. The pull back on production and price goes up with profits etc. I know this does not answer your question but when oil fuels demand significantly go down the desire for production investments will shift and the price will skyrocket. The money will follow the profits. Granted it will be a while for that to happen because it implies significant cut over including construction and AG. But it will happen.

Electric is certainly not the trend around my parts. In fact, they have a bad rep as it seems everyone “knows someone” that has had bad luck with them once they get some years on them. As others have mentioned, it will take MANY years for them to take over.

The muscle cars are still the envy of most (new and old). The car that seems to really taking a spike in value around here is the 80s Monte Carlo SS. Almost impossible to find one for under $10k. Fox body mustangs are not far behind either.

And as far as trendy mods, definitely the blacked out look is in... wheels, tail lights, headlights, etc.

I just want to go right out and say it: if I hear the term “rat rod” one more time I’m gonna barf. I loved them, initially, but once people started building expensive show cars it became retarded.

I just want to go right out and say it: if I hear the term “rat rod” one more time I’m gonna barf. I loved them, initially, but once people started building expensive show cars it became retarded.
RAT ROD! There I did it

I was in LA this past weekend picking up a Hemi fora buddy of mine. The fella I met up with was telling me of a new trend hitting SoCal. Guys, 25-35 yuppie types with high end jobs are buying old school 40-50 hot rods and dressing the part by wearing the attire popular back in the day. Slicked back hair, white T shirts, cuffed jeans, tats etc. Pretty much what my dad did when he came back from WWII. A lot of them really get into the roll play.

Won’t be long before that trend reaches other area of the country.

I was in LA this past weekend picking up a Hemi fora buddy of mine. The fella I met up with was telling me of a new trend hitting SoCal. You didn’t guys, 25-35 yuppie types with high end jobs are buying old school 40-50 hot rods and dressing the part by wearing the attire popular back in the day. Slicked back hair, white T shirts, cuffed jeans, tats etc. A lot of them really get into the roll play.

Won’t be long before that trend reaches other area of the country.
Role-play there ya go. They probably look at the car as makeup rather than something to work on and maintain. Unlike true automotive enthusiasts. But if it helps keep car culture alive great.

Role-play there ya go. They probably look at the car as makeup rather than something to work on and maintain. Unlike true automotive enthusiasts. But if it helps keep car culture alive great.

Yeah, most have no mechanical talent much less the basics.the go on a cruise, break down and their car goes to a shop. Lots of shade tree guys making some bucks on these guys.

Its not as simple as supply and demand. Oil and fuel is highly controlled. The Saudis have this giant lever with a gold dollar symbol on it. Its their way of printing gold. It controls supply production. The pull back on production and price goes up with profits etc. I know this does not answer your question but when oil fuels demand significantly go down the desire for production investments will shift and the price will skyrocket. The money will follow the profits. Granted it will be a while for that to happen because it implies significant cut over including construction and AG. But it will happen.
Supposedly we have more oil than the Saudis.

Rat rod. Rat rod. Rat rod.

I always wonder if we keep buying foreign oil to bogart our reserves in the event of a future big war. I do t believe we’re even remotely dependent on foreigners for our supply. It all must have to do with military strategy.

I always wonder if we keep buying foreign oil to bogart our reserves in the event of a future big war. I do t believe we’re even remotely dependent on foreigners for our supply. It all must have to do with military strategy.
That could be...USE up everyone else's supply then corner the market when their supplies dry up, IF they ever do.

I had a '70 Cuda 383 vert when the oil crisis hit. We lived in the outer boundaries of the burbs and were few local gas stations and those that were nearest were selling gas for a couple hours a day. And the waiting lines were a bitch. I was working at a machine shop about 4 miles from home and my dad would take my car couple times a week to gas it up as he worked in the city. Well he got a kick out of driving my brother's and my muscle cars occasionally anyway. A break from his cushy Lincolns. The trend...saw the dump of the behemoths to compacts and then later the mini-van explosion. Today I count more SUV's than sedans, and often more pickups. I have had pickups for 20 years now (all Dodges) and once I got one, don't want to be without one. Also have a '91 2500 for plowing my 4/10 of a mile long driveway. A 4speed beast that rides like a brick; but handy for mulch and soil loads with the bigger box and keep my '05 Dakota Laramie a tad nicer; though still gets some load duties. The Laramie has AWD and man that drives nice in slippery weather. Thing is, remembering the manufactured oil crisis, the demographics with what the public will do to adjust was striking - that was a time ya could buy muscle cars for cheap! Remember them sitting in used car lots collecting dust and came close to buying a '70 Shelby Stang GT500 triple black convert for $1800. I had test driven it and always regretted not buying it. And I got 600 bucks for my Cuda on a trade in...excuse me I'm feeling a little nauseous right now.

Auto Transport Service
Back