• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Ouch! Is that similar to a 5.9? Been awhile since being in the front end of my 5.9
Yep. Lifters are the same..engine is physically bigger. Had to run a string through the head down the lifter galley and fish them up one by one. Cummins assembles the engine's upside down, have to use wooden dowels pounded into the lifters w rubber bands to hold the lifters while you pull the cam. On this particular project the engine has to be pulled to pull the pan off. So to prevent dropping lifters I cut a pvc pipe in half and slid it in as a tray.
About ready to fire it up!

20240404_160157.jpg

Yep. Lifters are the same..engine is physically bigger. Had to run a string through the head down the lifter galley and fish them up one by one. Cummins assembles the engine's upside down, have to use wooden dowels pounded into the lifters w rubber bands to hold the lifters while you pull the cam. On this particular project the engine has to be pulled to pull the pan off. So to prevent dropping lifters I cut a pvc pipe in half and slid it in as a tray.
About ready to fire it up!

View attachment 1640951
I knew about holding the lifters up.....just never worked on a Cummins engine before except for doing minor work and and doing the KDP. These days.....don't want to lol

Yard work! Dang it. Germinating some okra seed and will plant them in buckets like I've been doing for the last 10 years. Just hope this summer won't be as dry as it was last summer....

I've been attending the Hunter Education Class this week with my grandson who wants to start hunting up on our place in the mountains. I don't hunt but I encounter hunters on my place all the time. Some have my permission and some don't. I have a friend who is quite the hunter and fisherman who said he will work with my grandson. I let him hunt on my place last fall and his son bagged a 4x4 mule deer last year on my place. My friend has already asked for permission to hunt this fall up there and invited my grandson along..
Terry W.

ran to ann arbor measured up 3 jobs, dropped off a couple checks , then drove down to the irish hills and stopped by my favorite watering hole met up with a couple life long friends and threw back a few dirtys with blue cheese stuffed olives
20240405_135640.jpg

Spent the last week traveling to pick up my new to me trailer

View attachment 1641615

View attachment 1641616
I've been looking for that trailer: 20 x 8.5 with the escape door. Prices are stupid out here on the west coast. I'd like to buy used but people are pricing them as high, or higher than new. The search continues. You must have made a decent deal to travel. Nice trailer!

Got kicked by Bill "Superfoot" Wallace.
Daughter has a sparring training with him today and he was demonstrating to her how to kick me in the head lol.

I've been looking for that trailer: 20 x 8.5 with the escape door. Prices are stupid out here on the west coast. I'd like to buy used but people are pricing them as high, or higher than new. The search continues. You must have made a decent deal to travel. Nice trailer!
Thanks.

Yes. Even with travel expenses to go get it.( 4200 miles round trip )

I'm still in it 2000-2500 under what a like trailer near me costs.

Pretty good odds once I'm done with it.

I will put it back up for sale by summer 2025

Cleaning up some of the yard work and stacking it on the street for heavy trash haul. Also putting stuff away in the shop and doing general cleanup work. Also trying to stay on top of house cleaning but that is usually not a priority..... :D

Marked slope for gutter install.
Ran over length of old gutter @#$%^&*(
Headed out to buy new section and parts for screen porch project but bought nothing.
Apparently neither Lowes or HD sells 12' 2x2 screen porch posts, and all their 2x3 posts have the screen welt slots on the short side, unlike what's installed at my place- on the wide side.

Now I gotta find someplace to buy 12' sections.

Marked slope for gutter install.
Ran over length of old gutter @#$%^&*(
Headed out to buy new section and parts for screen porch project but bought nothing.
Apparently neither Lowes or HD sells 12' 2x2 screen porch posts, and all their 2x3 posts have the screen welt slots on the short side, unlike what's installed at my place- on the wide side.

Now I gotta find someplace to buy 12' sections.
Ran over a length of old gutter?? What did you run over it with......?

Spring cleaning scrap run.
Getting it ready
Copper,brass,aluminum,stainless
Wire. Ugly 24fo inch wheels.
Est it will bring about 4k when trailer is full

IMG_9448.jpeg

IMG_9447.jpeg

Tidied up a bunch of stuff in my garage and garden shed.....ready to sell. Scrap cable has been stripped down for a better rate, and to shed that extra plastic sheathing. Sold a few quality Mopar spares that I'm not going to need now....some very happy people out there now.
Trimmed the trees hanging over my side fence and took a load of renovation rubble to the tip ready for the next load. Lucky I get a great rate at the tip :p

Stopped by a house just around the corner yesterday and spoke with the owner. I had been admiring her frontage (fence) for a while now and asked who built it. Turns out it is aluminium panels - could have fooled me till she rapped ger knuckles on it. Looks just like a neat tongue & groove panel setup from the street.
Much better than the wooden palings that eventually warp and twist in our harsh sun environment here. No painting needed either - just a quarterly spray with Spider-kill to keep the webs away. I was also looking at her bush ...it's called 'Five Finger' ....easy to maintain and looks great.

1712614975244.png

Tidied up a bunch of stuff in my garage and garden shed.....ready to sell. Scrap cable has been stripped down for a better rate, and to shed that extra plastic sheathing. Sold a few quality Mopar spares that I'm not going to need now....some very happy people out there now.
Trimmed the trees hanging over my side fence and took a load of renovation rubble to the tip ready for the next load. Lucky I get a great rate at the tip :p

Stopped by a house just around the corner yesterday and spoke with the owner. I had been admiring her frontage (fence) for a while now and asked who built it. Turns out it is aluminium panels - could have fooled me till she rapped ger knuckles on it. Looks just like a neat tongue & groove panel setup from the street.
Much better than the wooden palings that eventually warp and twist in our harsh sun environment here. No painting needed either - just a quarterly spray with Spider-kill to keep the webs away. I was also looking at her bush ...it's called 'Five Finger' ....easy to maintain and looks great.

View attachment 1643245
Checking out her "frontage", and the five finger bush?
Maybe the "neighbor" is trying to tell you something?
You snake......:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back