• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been screwed over lately?

I had co-workers that heard I knew how to finish concrete and do carpentry work. Funny how they think your their best bud when they want something for nothing. I would tell them that I only work on my stuff.

Screwed too many times by the "Hey You help me on my home project, and I'll help you".

Been screwed too many times also by loaning out tools. One guy borrowed my brand new air gun for trim. 6 months later when I was doing a project I asked him if I can get it back. He said, "I didn't borrow it, I bought my own."

After that when someone that not in my "circle of trust" (LOL) ask me if I have something, I will tell them where they go buy it.

BB, that was funny about what the kids did lol

I had co-workers that heard I knew how to finish concrete and do carpentry work. Funny how they think your their best bud when they want something for nothing. I would tell them that I only work on my stuff.

Screwed too many times by the "Hey You help me on my home project, and I'll help you".

Been screwed too many times also by loaning out tools. One guy borrowed my brand new air gun for trim. 6 months later when I was doing a project I asked him if I can get it back. He said, "I didn't borrow it, I bought my own."

After that when someone that not in my "circle of trust" (LOL) ask me if I have something, I will tell them where they go buy it.
I have a long list of tools that people have borrowed and never brought back and get the same excuse. Now, if anyone wants to borrow a tool, they sign a 'tool slip' just like if they were checking out a tool from a shop tool room.

When I was a young lad living in Phoenix attending MMI, One of the instructors gave us some advice that I have never forgotten. "Always charge your friends and family time and a half" You are already working 40 hours a week, They expect you to work overtime? charge them for it!! That has kept anyone from asking me.

The only other time that I actually broke down and did some work, was for an elderly couple that were long time friends of my father. I lived across the road from them and they asked me if I would do a small drywall repair in their basement bathroom. I agreed on one condition: that they keep it hush and not tell anyone who did the work. I was working construction at the time and it did amount to working overtime. However, he was on oxygen and their children lived far away so I felt good to help them out. In the end they paid me in cash and as far as I know they never uttered a peep to anyone so it worked out well.

Agreed, since finishing my car I've been approached a hand full of times about full restorations, painting etc. I've been down that road and just simply say HELL NO because I don't need the headaches and I'm by no means a pro to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a recent but great example, I was driving by a buddies moms house when she stopped me to look at their trucks brakes so I did. I told her the brake line was rotted in half and that she needed to replace it so she asked "can you do it" (keep in mind she has a son and husband at home) so I say I don't have time to mess with it and offer to give her my buddies # (auto mechanic) and she says "I can't afford it". I just get in my truck and leave, she can't afford to pay somebody to do it but I'm supposed to do it for nothing????? I don't play those games, it's different if somebody NEEDS help but not for the cheapskates.

Just so nobody gets the wrong idea here, I do help out when I can but I've come to learn who the people are that need it and who the freeloaders are. I'm the go to guy around here for my family and our elderly neighbor who in turn gives me free rein over her property come deer season plus am always involved in somebody else's home, garage or porch project. I love building things in general but hate being used by a lazy *** that's just to lazy to do it themselves.

I have some stories, but recalling them makes me mad, so better forgotton. I like Cranky's story best; fully prepared to set fire to a non paying waste of space. Sweet.

Its usually me screwing myself. Ddnt charger enough, or get burned trying to help someone out through no fault of either party. Just dumb luck.
For example, I sold a 70 440 block a few months back. The buyer was in vegas and I had to pack and ship it. I had it picked up ups from where i work. The person in shipping and receiving and I figured the cost based in weight and whereb it was going. Which was going to be about 400 bucks to ship. This is where things went wrong. She was confident that since so much went out that we could ship this and no one would know. T my credit I asked her million times if she was sure about that and i will pay the shipping. She was confident and since what we figured shipping was how much I was getting for the block, I thought if I got pinched I would basically break even. Well I figured wrong. The first mistake was she got the address wrong and ups couldn't deliver it to the guy. Took three days to get that mess sorted out. This was supposed to be hush hush out the back door. Now every manager in the building knew what was up. Then accounting got the bill from ups. 925 bucks! Thats right. I got paid 400 for a block then took that 400, added 525 out of my own pocket to pay for shipping a block to Vegas.

"I recently (March 2014) purchased an item from a fellow "Forum" member and I have been promised month after month the item will be shipped.
September 2014...NOT SHIPPED YET...."

Have you reported this member, it sounds like he might need to be banned if he hasn't already?

I might just have to report him.
I'm a forgiving type of guy.
I keep hoping to get a PM from him stating he has shipped.....

And Another Thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I might just have to report him.
I'm a forgiving type of guy.
I keep hoping to get a PM from him stating he has shipped.....

Damn Ski I hope it's not me!!!! Lately I have been forgetting some things I sold and wound up sending them later then promised. Usually I'll eat the shipping in that case and refund the postage back to the buyer. As for helping out with projects...I have my stories as well. Family is a tough one. My Brothers and I do help each other out when we can but the deal is that whom ever is needing the help, they will purchase the supplies and parts needed. They will also be there to learn and help out as well too. Usually a couple of cold Beers and maybe a free meal and I am satisfied. Non-family I will help but they will pay the going Labor Rate for my time spent helping. If they balk then I tell them go to a shop and see if you can get better. I am not a pro, but I have done enough over the past 18 years in this Hobby to know a thing or two about the workings of an automobile and what's involved in repairing them. Shops will rip you off and I got tired of it. Thanks to Brother Jon/69a100 telling my how much he hated to pay for service, he learned how to do it himself. I subscribed to that and now feel confident in my abilities to do the repair. I have a close friend whom I call Buckwheat who is a Horse Rancher up in Butte County. We served together in the AF and our Friendship is close. But his one failing is he expects his friends to come out to his ranch and help with his many projects. You get a meal and some beer but it is all one sided when I need help here at my place. The tap dancing is phenomenal. Besides it is a 2 plus hour drive from my place to his so I rarely do go up there. I have strung more fence and barbed wire, hauled and stacked more hay, built stables and out buildings, etc. than a lot here probably have. Yet ask him to help me and??? Well you get the picture. He still is a good friend otherwise but Damn "D"...it is a 2 way street...cr8crshr/Tuck:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

I learned a long time ago, several things that are cast in stone for me:

1) NEVER loan out tools, trailers, trucks, lawn equipment, chainsaws, or anything else of value.
2) NEVER loan money. It never works out. NEVER borrow money from friends, either.
3) Insist on gas money BEFORE you go and fetch their car, etc.
4) NEVER help anyone move!!! Ever! And I mean, EVER! Yes, that's my truck and NO, I'm not helping you move. Get a damn U-Haul!
5) NEVER let your kids' "homeless" buddy move in. I'm not a damn hotel. Find a refrigerator box.

Reason for 1) - No one values your stuff more than YOU. They don't give a crap about it, 'cuz it ain't theirs!
2) Just don't do it. Period.
3) My time and fuel cost money. My days of doing crap for free are long gone. Pay up, and I'll hook up. Either that, or join AAA.
4) First time I moved, I had a boatload of volunteers say "Yeah, new house, we'll help you!" My wife and I moved a three-bedroom house (and five vehicles) ourselves. Second time we moved was because of a tornado destroying our home. Took our remaining salvageable stuff to storage. No help. Time to move into the new home eight months later. Ten people volunteered to help. I had pizza and beer ready. No one showed. So now, my attitude is "You're moving? Congrats! Have fun!"
5) We've said yes to not one, not two, not three, but FOUR over the past years. Not happening again.

Yeah, I know that this is somewhat tangential to the original post, but it does relate.

Damn Ski I hope it's not me!!!! Lately I have been forgetting some things I sold and wound up sending them later then promised. Usually I'll eat the shipping in that case and refund the postage back to the buyer. As for helping out with projects...I have my stories as well. Family is a tough one. My Brothers and I do help each other out when we can but the deal is that whom ever is needing the help, they will purchase the supplies and parts needed. They will also be there to learn and help out as well too. Usually a couple of cold Beers and maybe a free meal and I am satisfied. Non-family I will help but they will pay the going Labor Rate for my time spent helping. If they balk then I tell them go to a shop and see if you can get better. I am not a pro, but I have done enough over the past 18 years in this Hobby to know a thing or two about the workings of an automobile and what's involved in repairing them. Shops will rip you off and I got tired of it. Thanks to Brother Jon/69a100 telling my how much he hated to pay for service, he learned how to do it himself. I subscribed to that and now feel confident in my abilities to do the repair. I have a close friend whom I call Buckwheat who is a Horse Rancher up in Butte County. We served together in the AF and our Friendship is close. But his one failing is he expects his friends to come out to his ranch and help with his many projects. You get a meal and some beer but it is all one sided when I need help here at my place. The tap dancing is phenomenal. Besides it is a 2 plus hour drive from my place to his so I rarely do go up there. I have strung more fence and barbed wire, hauled and stacked more hay, built stables and out buildings, etc. than a lot here probably have. Yet ask him to help me and??? Well you get the picture. He still is a good friend otherwise but Damn "D"...it is a 2 way street...cr8crshr/Tuck:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

No cr8crshr....
LOL

Your too cool and a "good guy"...
Not you Brother!

This was my purchase of a set of Cal Tracs bars/set-up I paid $600 for back in March.
They are early B-body Cal Tracs...for my 1963 Polara.
The guy is always going to ship etc.....
I sent him another PM...
"super-bee_ski"

let me get this straight,you gave someone $600.00 back in March and you still have not received your stuff????? I honestly don't know what your legal options are but this guy needs to be exposed

Yeah,
He's "screwing me" over...
The first 2 initials of his "call-sign" is: lxmodguy...

OOPS...I spelled out his entire name...
Sorry..

Original confirmation post I sent him dated: 04-23-2014

Uh,
lxmodguy,

I'll take them for $550 SHIPPED.

Did I purchase the TTI "back-pipes" from you?

I recently purchased TTI pipes "out the back" because the pipes did not fit the Cal-tracs...

But yes, I will purchase for $550 including the shipping to 93505
PM SENT

My payment was mailed to him on March 24th OR March 25th 2014.

IN one of my A bodies (An Aussie Valiant VG 770 Coupe - Dodge dart to you guys), it was a factory 318 car. Pretty rare for Australia as most were ordered with the 'Hemi' 245 and 265 ci straight six bangers. Anyway, I was planning on dragging the car but it was also my daily driver.

I had heard of a guy selling Yella Terra (An Aussie company that used to do heads for Mopars..no longer doing them I heard) heads (273 heads, bigger valves, using the Mopar forged adjustable rockers etc.) The heads had a lot of work done by Yella Terrra, custom for this guy.

Well the heads were awesome. And I got an engine builder to rebuild my stock 318. Forged Crank, flat top pistons, bored out to 030 on the block, Crane came, a tq something, I forget now. Balanced everything. Eddie torker 2 intake, hooker headers. Rebuilt my 727, balanced prop shaft, and 3.23:1 LSD.

Car was awesome. I loved it and it sounded right.

The old guy that originally built my engine retired a bit after my car was run in. But I had no problems with it and did not worry.

Skip ahead a year, and I got a pinhole in the waterpump/timing chain area. Jetted water into the oil, which did not help the car run better. I took it to a guy I had heard owned Mopars himself, but was still pretty young. Now I was only 19 or so at the time. And he might have been in his late 20's.

I left the car with him and a few days later he called me back telling me one of my heads is cracked. I said BS, no way did the heads give way. But he said he checked it and that was the case. He offers to weld the head. A few days go by and he called me again..Weld did not work.??WTF? Have to replace the heads. He put's on stock heads from another old 318. And phones me up telling me to get my car.

When I got there I asked to see the yella terra heads....

Now, ALL Yella Terra heads from their shop are yellow! But I had mine blasted and stripped of paint and painted BLACK. SO there was NO yellow on them at all. He shows me a pair of heads, looked like 273 ones, that were mostly black and had yellow showing through, albeit an entirely different yellow to the one Yella Terra use. It looked like Caterpillar yellow to me. I said to him, these are not my heads. He said yep they are, now pay me.

I had to pay, he was not going to let my car go, I was young and in no position to argue.

But a week or so later, a Valiant AP5 ute this guy had, which was not running, was up and running on the street again, with a small block in it! And you KNOW they were my heads right! ;)

Total BS. I tried to fight for ALL of the parts he took off and supposedly replaced. Months later I got a bottom rad hose and hose clamp and some mystery gasket pieces. Well, you live and learn. But that one put a dent in my bank account at a time in my life when I could not really afford it.

The guy went broke about a year later. Lot's of similar complaints, him running up bills without doing the work etc. Finally caught up with him. Little good it did me though. :(

Yeah,
He's "screwing me" over...
The first 2 initials of his "call-sign" is: lxmodguy...

OOPS...I spelled out his entire name...
Sorry..

Original confirmation post I sent him dated: 04-23-2014

Uh,
lxmodguy,

I'll take them for $550 SHIPPED.

Did I purchase the TTI "back-pipes" from you?

I recently purchased TTI pipes "out the back" because the pipes did not fit the Cal-tracs...

But yes, I will purchase for $550 including the shipping to 93505
PM SENT

My payment was mailed to him on March 24th OR March 25th 2014.

He's over in the Gold Members section
he has posted a complaint about getting parts,
that he has special/custom ordered parts & "allegedly" has paid for,
fromSled City Fiberglass, {seen a few on that company know too}
supposedly SCF has now is "allegedly" screwing him over...

seems like a little bit of Karma, come back to him...

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...8985-doing-business-with-Sled-City-Fiberglass

No good deed goes unpunished, for business or friends/family.

I just got a notice from my bank today. For my business but sent to my home addy (???? WTF????) . A check for $1000 went south, plus a $30 bank fee. Oh freakin' joy.............................................

I absolutely owe superbeeski an apology. I have communicated fairly regularly with him about it. They are boxed. I will print labels right now and drop them off monday. It is completely my mistake and I never had any ill intention. Sled city on the other hand hasnt communicated at all.

thanks for making it right with ski :headbang:

thanks for making it right with ski
headbang.gif
And not that it's any better but I got the check may 14th. He's been super cool about it. I should have never let it drag on so long

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
he seems to have a lot of problems with a lot of members on here and the last post was 8-20-2014 [video]http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?71012-sled-city-larry[/video]

Auto Transport Service
Back