• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been screwed over lately?

I bought a camshaft that was advertised "new in the box" when it got here the box looked like it was left under the seat of an old pick up truck that had a hole in the floor board...the cam had surface rust all over it.....but I guess it was new in the box!!!after all it never was installed!!!

I absolutely owe superbeeski an apology. I have communicated fairly regularly with him about it. They are boxed. I will print labels right now and drop them off monday. It is completely my mistake and I never had any ill intention. Sled city on the other hand hasnt communicated at all.

Glad to see your hopefully making it good for ski's purchase,
now maybe, hopefully Sled City Fiberglass can do the same, for you...

Hate to say it but reading this made me feel better, knowing I'm not alone. I'm gonna be like whoever said they didn't want to focus on the stories because it made them mad. I still help whoever I can but they get the third degree up front. I can relate one thing though. The first time your kid gets hit with a $1000 repair bill for things ol' dad used to do for free, you get to walk on water as far as they are concerned after that.:pink banana:

Have I been screwed over lately???

Pretty much every time I buy a part or car :rolling:

Whether its misrepresented parts, poor quality repops, parts included in a deal that come up missing, sellers demanding more shipping after you sent the money, I figure it comes with the territory. If everything was easy, then the end of the journey wouldn't be as rewarding.

This is probably the most appropriate place to put this.

On June 11th I ordered a hood, scoop, bumpers and decklid for my 64 polara from sled city. I paid for the hood, scoop, and bumpers that day. I didnt pay for the decklid until july 22nd. I was told 4-6 weeks for the parts and they would call me when they shipped. At 6 weeks I started calling and emailing them. I have only ever got them on the phone once. I got a story about them being over-run and not having enough people. Well the week before they were at the nationals selling the very same stuff I ordered. They had time to go there. I have got one email back that was very condescending saying they were sorry I didn't understand how the order process works. I posted this in the gold forum, but I think this is a more appropriate place for it. So I am out $1240, my car has been sitting in the paint shop since June. They don't return phone calls, PM's, or emails. I have tried to charge back through paypal, sled city tells them it is a custom part and they wont honor the buyer protection on custom parts. Dont buy from sled city. I will probably file suite with the local small claims court. I filed a complaint with my bank. I filed a complaint with the FBI's internet fraud division. When you completely stop answering calls and emails my impression is that your intent is to completely screw someone.

Maybe they will jump in here and respond. I am not sure what they can say, the facts are the fact. I paid them $1240 its been more than 3 months on the first set of items and two months on the last item. They have all my money, I have absolutely nothing for it.

######Not more than an hour after I posted this, I got tracking information. Now hopefully it shows up and it is quality parts.

Last edited:
Not car related but a screwing nonetheless. I hauled a very large sailboat for a gentleman 5 years ago and he never paid the 32,000 he owed me. When he sells his beach frount property someday he has a nasty surprise waiting for him:jerk:

Auto Transport Service
Back