• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Names of race car drivers (or anyone else) that made you scratch your head......

@Budnicks we're looking for names that are 'different'.......!! Not names that made a difference......
oh well
f--ked that up

Smiley Homer Doh !!.png

Cashier's name that checked us out at a grocery store a few years ago..."Cashmonet". Pronounced "cash-moe-nay". My wife and I still bring that up in the "head scratching/what were they thinking" conversations around the table with friends.

I went to high school with a guy called Wayne Kerr.

True story.

At primary school there was a kid called Anthony Deadman.......although the family tried to church it up by saying "De Adman" :lol:

Sterling Moss comes to my mind.

went to grade school with Wendall Fleetwood

sounds kinda pimpish to me

Gordon Johncock.
They say women became flushed and weak in the knees anytime he showed up!

"Peter O'Toole"......that one's just a full-on d**k joke!

Last edited:
Cashier's name that checked us out at a grocery store a few years ago..."Cashmonet". Pronounced "cash-moe-nay". My wife and I still bring that up in the "head scratching/what were they thinking" conversations around the table with friends.
Well some folks are just born to do what they do.

pretty sure the host of "Hollywood Squares" Peter Marshall's real name was Peter LeCock......

he had a son who played big league baseball...... I forget his first name, but his last name was LeCock......Ritchie Ashburne, former player and Phillies announcer calling a game said "2 balls on LeCock" . It took him and his partner a couple minutes to compose themselves

Freakonomics book had a chapter on the effect bad names have on people. They talked about twin brothers, Oh-RON-czell-oh, and his brother, li-MON-czell-oh.

Spelled Orangejello and Lemonjello.

I went to high school with a girl who's name was pronounced "All-my Urine", and spelled pretty close to that also.

I also knew two guys, one who's first name was "Phuc", and another who's last name was "Yu", ....and always imagined the possibilities any time either were around.

Of course, "Dick Butkus" is perhaps the greatest name of all time.

I used to work with a guy and his last name is
Goode
Naturally his parents named him Johnny B.
I asked him if the B meant anything he said nope
Johnny B Goode
Nice guy too

Auto Transport Service
Back