• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Names of race car drivers (or anyone else) that made you scratch your head......

I went to grade school with a girl named Anne Freese. She hated being called "Annie".

Also had friends whose last name is Rabbitt. The younger brother always said that he'd name his kids Peter and Bunny. His wife gave that a hard "no".

"Slim Pickens" - Stage name of Louis Burton Lindley, Jr. (1919 - 1983)

000000 b.jpg

University of Pittsburgh had place kicker unfortunately named Chris Blewett a couple seasons back.
He was actually pretty good and has played for a couple NFL teams and I think he's in that indoor
football league now. Actually, he's in the USFL, Pittsburgh Maulers.

Last edited:
There was a guy that worked at Eastman Kodak company in the 80's his name was:
Richard Head

But he preferred to be called "Dick"

There was a guy that worked at Eastman Kodak company in the 80's his name was:
Richard Head

But he preferred to be called "Dick"
Similar here. Worked with a fella in a local machine shop about 30 years ago. "Richard Cox" and preferred to be called Dick.

@Cranky
you & I thought, I went of the rails :poke:

racecar drivers fellas

Peter Palmer - Actor who played the fictional character Li'l Abner in the 1959 movie 'Li'l Abner'

Funny names (famous people I've heard of):
Popcorn Sutton
Swede Savage
Blind Lemon Jefferson

For some reason that one actually took me a second....and then my diet pepsi went through my nose!
:rofl:
I didn't get that one either until I read your post.... just glad I wasn't drinking anything because it would have went through my nose too! lol
pretty sure the host of "Hollywood Squares" Peter Marshall's real name was Peter LeCock......

he had a son who played big league baseball...... I forget his first name, but his last name was LeCock......Ritchie Ashburne, former player and Phillies announcer calling a game said "2 balls on LeCock" . It took him and his partner a couple minutes to compose themselves
Was watching a show called the story behind the story with Mike Rowe and Matt Crouch and the characters in the story ended up being judges on the supreme Court of the US and it involved eating mountain oysters....the names were normal but the story cracked up Matt Crouch so bad that they had to go to break for him to regain his composure and this was all on a Christian TV channel. They cracked up some more after the break when they started talking about getting thrown off the air for it lol.

I had a supplier of electrical goods when I was managing a wholesale outlet....his name is Mike Bush. He was a policeman in a previous life.
His wife's name is Rose........ Rose Bush. Nice people.

Auto Transport Service
Back