• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rebuilding a starter , then I drop it.

Pops1967GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
I was rebuilding a starter, using parts from another. It didn’t make it to the shelf on the first try….
image.jpg
image.jpg

Is the starter ok? I dropped a 489 center section, loaded. It gave me an ugly foot injury but the unit was fine.:praying:

If it's throbbing take tiny drill bit and spin it by hand through the nail.
Helps a bunch.

Is the starter ok? I dropped a 489 center section, loaded. It gave me an ugly foot injury but the unit was fine.:praying:
Broken toe or a purple toe nail?
Starter bearing cover is dented & with 1/4 gap….will need to get another cover & check alignment…

Broken toe & cracked nail. Had to go to Doctor at podiatry to remove nail. I’m a mess….

I legitimately laughed
It's not funny. How could you laugh ? He's got 9 other toes, but only ONE starter ! All kidding aside, hope the toes heals quickly. ( and you can resume kicking 55-yard field goals once again ! oops, sorry, I can't help it. )

It's not funny. How could you laugh ? He's got 9 other toes, but only ONE starter ! All kidding aside, hope the toes heals quickly. ( and you can resume kicking 55-yard field goals once again ! oops, sorry, I can't help it.

This is the four starter. My wife keeps telling me , what are you going to do all these starters & alternators.

image.jpg

Last edited:
This is my four starter that I have rebuilt. My wife keeps telling what are you going to do all these starters & alternators.

View attachment 1614281
My apologies for my bad math. Let's do it again: 10 toes - 4 starters = 6 good toes left after you break the other 3. ( of course, that's assuming you're as clumsy with the other 3 starters.... ) :lol:

Sumofabeach Ouch !!

that sucks royally, get better quick

Years ago, a friend of mine had one of his fingers cut off by an engine fan, it flew across the shop. They got his finger, and it was sewed onto his belly at the hospital. Afterwards, they re-attached it to his hand.

Sorry to hear about your toe, I'm guessing you showed off your inner sailor.... I know I would have...

Good thing it wasn't a cast iron head.
But I can only imagine the pain.
That must have been awful.

Quoting a Christmas Story “oh fudge, only I didn’t say fudge”

Auto Transport Service
Back